Wednesday 30 April 2014

Things We Take For Granted - 28th Day of Gratitude

Yesterday, I did not feel very well.  I don't really feel much better today, but in a different way.

Amongst all the "not feeling well" however, I have had to find things to focus on that lifted my spirit.

Grateful In April is a global campaign to get people focused on feeling good about what they’ve already got in their lives. It’s amazing what can occur when you find ways to be grateful for what you have.

I have been blogging gratitude throughout April (as I also did last year), and I have tried to find different things, having only repeated myself a couple of times this year.  It is hard when you are truly grateful for things that you recognise are precious in your life not to constantly acknowledge them.

Which is why, today (or yesterday, as I am once again a day late with my post), when I am not feeling much like being grateful for anything, I have pinned my hopes to the constants, to the 'norm', to the usual, the basics.

I blogged about this last year too

I think it is really important that we do acknowledge our gratitude for these things we call the basics because I know from my experience of the last couple of years, they are things we truly take for granted.

On the days when you don't think you have much, if you really get 'down to tin tacks' (Australian slang for basic facts or realities) you should know how very lucky you are, to have 'the basics'.


So today I pin my gratitude to the things which should lift us up when we are struggling to have hope, today I am grateful for the basics.

See my list below ... What does your list consist of?

Food    Water    Shelter    Running Water    Hot Water    Heat    Cooling System   A Bed

I think you get the idea, I'm talking the real basics, the things we really take for granted every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment