Friday 15 November 2013

Housing Update

For those of you playing along at home, the situation around our housing has worsened.

If you are not sure what I am talking about, the previous post is here

It has been proven now that despite CH organisation stating that they comply with Housing NSW policies, they have not.

I now have to wait 28 days for the appropriate process around my appeal to unfold while they do an "internal" investigation.

If I don't agree with the outcome of their investigation, then I have to make an appeal to another authority.



At the end of the day, I will miss out on a property (that we have now confirmed can be made safe for LJ) because of the time that will lapse while this due process unfolds as a result of them not taking into consideration LJ's needs for housing around his disability and my care situation, which were specified in our original applications to Housing NSW. A complete disregard for their own policy.

In short, someone didn't read a file, or someone doesn't know the policy, or someone has just made an honest mistake. But when those shortcomings mean that a family will potentially be put at risk of homelessness, does one not just put up their hand and say, "It was me, I made the mistake and I'm sorry. We don't need to waste 28 days, lets just move forward and get these people housed appropriately."

My Happy Ending - When I complete my Community Service Certificate IV next year, all this experience will only help me to do a better job than these people have!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are going through this. I hope it's resolved soon. You will most definitely do a better job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ness. It has certainly been an unexpected part of my life. So there has to be a reason for it all. I do remain hopeful it's all about the experience and the situation will resolve for the better very soon. :-)

      Delete
  2. I've just read your last two posts, and am very sorry to hear about your housing difficulties. The problem with large bureaucracies is, they are sticklers for paperwork, and often in their 'important' processes and procedures, real people fall through the cracks. Good luck with the new application, and with your study next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xo Yes, I worked for Government for 13 years and thankfully know the processes, which is an advantage in this situation, although I can't help thinking this is my karma for having stayed in that job for so long LOL I am trying to think outside the box and hope some clever networking will help in the end :-)

      Delete