I believe it is the cardinal sin of blogging, but I am not an experienced enough blogger to really know the rules, nor am I Catholic.
I suppose the question for me is not really why do we blog so much as why do we share?
Blogging is just another way to put out there those thoughts that spin around in my head all day and DO. NOT. STOP. Much like my talking (which you can find out more about here).
We all have a way of sharing that is most comfortable or convenient for us.
Some chat over coffee with a friend or family member, some email, some write letters to various customer service centres (to compliment or complain), some keep a journal or a diary, some have husbands who listen and sometimes even speak back, some talk with colleagues and in "the olden days" we wrote letters, put them in envelopes, put a stamp on the envelope with an address and popped them in a "letter box". (See image below for those who are unfamiliar).
And of course, there is the telephone to enable you to speak with whomever you so desire anywhere in the world. We also have Skype and many other VOIP choices these days and well, the iDevices, we now have Face Time!!! What an irony?
Before we had all these devices, that was all we had ... face time, REAL FACE TIME!
- You feel respected as a person
- Your physical, emotional and spiritual needs are met
- You are not afraid to be yourself
- Trust, trust, trust is everywhere
- There is a sense of humour and play
- Love is a verb not a noun
- You feel good about yourself
- You can affirm and support each other
- You are appreciated and not taken for granted
- You want to spend time together
- You are growing and the relationship is growing
- You like the other person and you feel liked by the other person
- Privacy is respected
- You can talk comfortably with each other and you feel listened to.